MedNext is seeking RN’s and LPN’s to administer COVID-19 testing at nursing homes, long-term care facilities, food processing plants and other locations throughout Michigan. Ideal candidates will have prior experience administering (PCR) nasal swab and saliva tests.
The RN/LPN position will be part of a 3-5-person team that will collect specimens within an estimated 60-mile radius of the following markets in Michigan; Marquette, Traverse City, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Midland, and Detroit. RN’s/LPN’s will be required to ensure that other members of the team follow proper testing procedures and protocols at each testing site. All equipment necessary to facilitate testing (registration laptops, swabs/test supplies and PPE) will be provided by MedNext.
Primary Duties/ Responsibilities
- Arrive at designated facilities promptly to assist in the set-up of the testing area before beginning registration and then testing.
- Perform all testing procedures in an accurate and timely manner. Ensure protocols and procedures are followed by MA’s, EMT’s and other team members administering COVID-19 tests.
- Maintain HIIPA standards at each testing site, especially the confidentiality of those individuals tested for COVID-19.
- Safeguard the entire testing team and those individuals being tested by observing appropriate infection control procedures, including but limited to, universally accepted precautions.
- Current State license for being a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience administering COVID-19 testing and vaccines a plus
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Receive up to $500 daily based on qualifications and experience
- Receive pay weekly through direct deposit
- Where applicable, receive mileage reimbursement for travel to testing sites
- Paid training and employee referral bonus plan