MedNext is seeking MA’s, EMT’s, and Phlebotomists to administer COVID-19 testing at nursing homes, long-term care facilities, food processing plants and other locations throughout Michigan. Ideal candidates will have prior experience administering (PCR) nasal swab and saliva tests.
The MA/EMT positions will be part of 3-5-person teams that will collect specimens within an estimated 60-mile radius of the following markets in Michigan; Marquette, Traverse City, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Midland, and Detroit. MA’s/EMT’s will be required to adhere to proper testing procedures and protocols at each testing site and be monitored by an on-site RN, LPN and/or Doctor. All equipment necessary to facilitate testing (registration laptops, swabs/test supplies and PPE) will be provided by MedNext.
Primary Duties/ Responsibilities
- Arrive at designated facilities promptly to assist in the set-up of the testing area before beginning registration and then testing.
- Collect all test specimens in an accurate and timely manner. Adhere to all COVID-19 testing protocols and procedures.
- Maintain HIIPA standards at each testing site, especially protecting the confidentiality of those individuals tested for COVID-19.
- Safeguard themselves, the extended testing team and those being tested by observing appropriate infection control procedures, including but limited to, universally accepted precautions.
- Current State certification as a Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience administering COVID-19 tests and vaccines a plus
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Receive between 3-7 daily testing assignments each week
- Receive up to $300 daily based on qualifications and experience
- Receive pay weekly through direct deposit
- Where applicable, receive mileage reimbursement for travel to testing sites
- Paid training and employee referral bonus plan